Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:00:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>, "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, Brian Tao <taob@risc.org>, ken@r74h25.res.gatech.edu, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RSA 56-bit key challenge

> > I'll be running my machine at nights and when I am away.  You
> > know that kernel work does necessitate lots of reboots at
> > times (especially when I work on it :-)).
> >

> 	I've just added (well, earlier this afternoon) my P133 to the
> mix, but was just wondering...would it make any difference if someone
> were to create a pgcc/pentium optimized version?
>
> 	On top of that...what is this -i option that the client site is
> talking about?

I don't know, but the source code version won't accept it.  Frustrating,
I've got almost a million points worth of machine that I can donate for
the weekend, but most of them are timing out trying to get keys.

Oh, and the executables are linked against libc-3.0, so my two power
machines (P6/166 running 2.1.7) will be out of the running when they go to
binary-only clients.