Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:37:09 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: internal FBSD mirror

> My question is basically this:  What directories do we need to copy down
> from ftp.freebsd.org in order to do this?  Do we need just what is in
> 'distfiles' or do we need '2.2.2-RELEASE' or both?
>
> I'm sure someone out there has done this and we're just curious as to what
> we need to download.  I realize that we could do it with a cdrom but we

I do this *all* the time.  Step 1. get wget from the ports.

Then do

cd ~ftp
wget -nH -m -r -q ftp://releng22.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.2-970814-RELENG

The -q flag makes the transfer silent, and you should use ftp to the site
to work out which releng directory to get.

If you want XF86-3.3 you'll have to get that separately.

Danny