Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2019 11:17:06 +1030
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel Xeon D-2146NT SoC Support

> On 7 Feb 2019, at 10:58, Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca> wrote:
>=20
> [ I asked this on -hardware but didn't get any responses, so I'm
>  widening the scope a bit. ]
>=20
> We're looking a buying a Supermicro system with the X11SDV-8C-TP8F
> motherboard.  This uses a Xeon D-2146NT SoC.  It's not clear what
> the embedded chipset is, so it's proving a bit tricky to confirm
> whether or not the board will get along with 11.2.

If you go to OS compatibility and then go Skylake-D SoC you get to =
https://www.supermicro.com/support/resources/OS/skylake-d.cfm
(This is not really obvious though! I looked up the CPU in ark.intel.com =
to find its codename first..)

It says FreeBSD 11 works but no 11.1, 11.2 or 12.0. Personally I suspect =
they *do* work fine just they didn't bother to test them.

I certainly would be very surprised if 11.2 *didn't* work if 11.0 did =
(and it would be a regression and should be fixed) however it's not my =
money so.. :)

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."