Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:29:13 +0200
From:      Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
To:        Jamie Jones <jamie@host-997.news.landeg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Opera press release

On Tuesday 24 September 2002 00:18, Jamie Jones wrote:

> In light of these 2 threads, I'd like to ask what the advantage of a
> FreeBSD version is (from a technical, not a PR point of view.. obvious =
its
> great PR news),=20

It 'feels' better, it seems a bit faster, although I'm not sure of that=20
(someone has to do some objective benchmarking), and Opera's browser=20
identification now reports to web sites I visit that I'm running FreeBSD=20
(instead of Linux), and that's a Good Thing.

> and why Opera have decided to release a native FreeBSD
> version ?

Probably because they got all these emails asking for a native FreeBSD ve=
rsion=20
:) (yes, I'm guilty).

Arjan