Date:      Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:45:03 +0400
From:      Roman Kurakin <rik@inse.ru>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@missouri.edu>
Cc:        "ctm-users@freebsd.org" <ctm-users@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Move ctm to ports?

Hi,

Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:
> How would people feel about removing ctm and mkctm from the base
> system, and making it into a port?
Please check the discussion about CVS on current@. The problem with
ports that they are detached from the
base and they are not always out of the box.

> One advantage is that changes to ctm (like allowing different
> compression programs, or incorporating svn into ctm) can be made
> relatively quickly.
If the ports the only way for development of ctm, I suggest to try to
make it modular and keep the base functionality
out of the box as it is. The rest could be addon-ports. CTM from my
point of view is the bootstrapping tool and it
should not be removed from the base.

rik