Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 13:58:08 -0700
From:      jehova <tornadox@telnor.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   localhost for dummies

how can i put a name to my box?
and how can i doit without ill efects  or misconfiguration,
what happens is that i can't (i don't know how) setup host name
localhost alias and a basic loopback configuration for a
stand alone freebsd machine (no lan, no other boxes atached)
just a 56 k usRobotics modem (working) on ppp connection to
my ISP telnor.net 200.23.249.1 and 200.23.249.3 if somebody
please can help me, i'll send him more info about my box.
--