Date:      Sun, 7 May 2000 13:35:57 +0200
From:      Dave Boers <djb@ifa.au.dk>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hlt instructions and temperature issues

On Sat, May 06, 2000 at 07:31:09PM -0600, Steve Passe wrote:
> So in summary:
>
>  I can't see how hlt could cause stray irq7s (but it might...)
>
>  stray irq7s could well cause a hang if occurring during printing.

Just curious. Could the stray irq7's possibly indicate a hardware problem
which somehow only triggers stray irq7's when the hlt instruction is there,
but which can trigger a system hang in both cases? Might such a problem be
caused by the UDMA66 hardware (which was the last remaining variable and
which I removed from the system yesterday).

BTW, thanks for the explanation of the stray irq concept.

    Regards,

	Dave.

--
 djb@ifa.au.dk                             d.j.boers@tn.utwente.nl
 In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is murdered for heresy