Date:      Thu, 03 Jun 1999 10:37:34 -0700
From:      "Andrew W. Flury" <aflury@nas.nasa.gov>
To:        Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug in SMP Kernel in 3.1, was it fixed in 3.2?

I've seen the same symptoms on a 3.2-STABLE (as of 5/30, and yes, world is in
sync with the kernel) machine with two PII's on an Asus P2B-D motherboard.  To
see what it's doing in a little more detail, I tried rebooting then
immediately starting a process that ate up 100% of one of the CPUs.  As soon
as it was started, I ran top.  What I saw that it was initially at 50% CPU
usage (which it should be), but then gradually decreased until it was at
0.00%.  After that point, every process was at 0.00% usage, even though they
were all still running just fine.  The CPU states were also all at 0.0%.  I
can provide more detailed information on my config upon request.