Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 20:03:44 +0200 (MEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E4r_Thoren?= <t98pth@student.bth.se>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: static arp values

a attacker can arppoisonen my arpcache with false information about what
macadress the gateway has. The attacker tells the arpcache that the
gateway ip has the macadress of his nic, then route my traffic to the
"real" gateway without my knowledge. He can then monitor my traffic. A
static value of the macadress of the gateway could prevent this.
This is, again, on a switched ethernet lan.

/P=E4r