Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:31:14 +0100
From:      Gabriele Modena <gabriele.modena@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and MAC

2009/3/17 Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>:

Dear Robert;

> Right now no one is maintaining the SEBSD module; this is unfortunate, bu=
> largely a property of people having enough time. =C2=A0If this is somethi=
ng you
> can contribute to (or anyone else who's interested) I'm happy to provide
> pointers and advice.

Could this be a valid Google Summer of Code project?

I am about to write a proposal for this summer; my idea was related to
semantic file systems
(in a way to combine my interest in kernel hacking to my current
research interest in information retrieval) and I am still reading
background literature about that.

If there is interest from the community, SEBSD/TrustedBSD would be
another area I would like to work on. In the past I worked a bit
(at a hobbyst level) with SELinux and I have a background in security
and (linux) kernel hacking.

In both cases I am interested in working on FreeBSD during the summer
with or without a Google's grant.

Thanks,
kind regards.