Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:24:39 -0500
From:      Dan Papasian <bugg@bugg.strangled.net>
To:        Eric Dedrick <dedrick@dsl-035-f.resnet.purdue.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/17627: problem with install floppy?

If your CPU wasn't functioning properly your computer wouldn't boot or it
would be causing the system to have a full freeze.

More likely is that you've got a broken floppy or floppy controller.  Try
checking all of your connections.

Also, you say that these disks are new?  Have they been formatted?  You may
run into problems restoring an image to a floppy that hasn't recieved a
low-level format once.

But if that old 3.3 floppy of yours used to work, I'd guess that your
problem is with the floppy drive or controller.

Good luck,
	-Dan Papasian

Note: Further discussion on this topic should be taken to
freebsd-current.