Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 21:00:35 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-ISP" <FreeBSD-ISP@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Apache-FP-SSL Port

I finally, have the FrontPage Extensions working with the Apache-SSL server
under FreeBSD.

Currently, the following is working:

- FrontPage       - edit/add/modify FP webs with non-secure server
- Web browsers - access both the non-secure/secure server (http, https)

The following is untested:

- FrontPage - edit/add/modify FP webs using the secure server

The reason I can't test this is because I don't have a certificate with a
valid CA.
When I try to access the secure server with FrontPage I receive the
following warning:

"FrontPage is unable to establish a secure connection with the server,
because the server's SSL certificate is either invalid, or issued by an
untrusted certificate authority"

Could, someone with FrontPage and a valid certificate test this and let me
know.

The FreeBSD port is available from:

ftp://www.westbend.net/pub/apache-fp/ssl

If you wish to use SSLeay 0.9.0b then retrieve the port from the above FTP
site, change to the /usr/ports/security directory, remove the current SSLeay
port, then untar the SSLeay 0.9.0b port.  You can either make the SSLeay
port now, or let the apache-fp-ssl port uses it's dependency on the SSLeay
port to build & install the SSLeay port.

To install the port follow the instructions for the apache-fp port at:

http://www.westbend.net/~hetzels/apache-fp/#B

Also, the port no-longer installs the FP extensions by default so that you
will have a chance to edit the config files ([httpd,access,srm].conf) before
the extensions are installed.  To install the FrontPage extensions use "make
frontpage".

Scot W. Hetzel
FreeBSD Apache-FP, Apache-FP-SSL Port Maintainer
Apache13-FP Patch Maintainer