Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:52:58 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: And the abuse continues...

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 10:45:08AM -0500, Tim Wilde wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Jim Freeze wrote:
>
> > I own freebsdportal.com and 63.106.140.202 is mine.
> > But, I have no connection to orbz.org, hootermul.ru or vmadmin.com.
>
> Well, the stuff from orbz.org is an automated relay tester.  It's
> harmless, and some would consider it to be a good thing; in theory, at
> least, it will notify you if you happen to be running an open relay
> without knowing it.  Some of the various other ones may also be part of
> the relay tests, or just random spammers doing their own relay scans.
> It's a normal part of being a host on the Internet, and as long as your
> mail server is secured, you should have nothing to worry about.

I would say, FYI, that at least 3 or 4 emails a day from this list, and
I mean legit emails, not Spam, get flagged by my spam checker as being
relayed through known spam relays. When I see they are legit I whitelist
them, but even so..it continues. certain countries appear often, Russia
for example.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson -- <csfbsd@raggedclown.net>