Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 06:36:12 -0700
From:      Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
To:        Asitha Bandaranayake <cpe9609@cs.pdn.ac.lk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x-problems in FreeBSD

Asitha,

Please send technical questions such as this to FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org.

FreeBSD-Newbies is a discussion forum for newbies.
We don't ask for help or answer how-to questions here.

Also, these links may be of assistance:

http://www.welearn.com.au/freebsd/newbies/

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

http://bsdquickstart.freeservers.com/

http://heorot.1nova.com/freebsd/

Thanks,

Joe

Asitha Bandaranayake wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> i recently installed FreeBSD in my machine which is having RH62 as well.
> xconfiguring took me while, since it wasn't comfortable with the
> parameters i passed to it, the defaults for RH. [error message, and
> deleting all modes] however after settling for a low resolution and a low
> depth it turned out allright!
>
> but, now there is another problem! when i move my mouse the whole screen
> gets scratchy and tiny lines of colors on the starts flying around and
> settling where they don't belong [to explain it as well as i could]
>
> i posted this to xfree86.org as well; but no answers yet! so, i thought of
> posting it here too :-)
>
> hope someone could help me :-}
>
> asitha.
>
> p.s: this is my 1st posting here and i beg your pardon if i have
> inadvertantly breeched any codes of conduct. may be someone could advice
> me! [sure i did read read the charter!]

    FreeBSD = The Power to Serve
     ..Simply put = FreeBSD Rocks!