Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 2001 04:18:57 +0200 (EET)
From:      Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sio RTS stays asserted after close

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Bruce Evans wrote:

> It is intentional:
>
> RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/sys/isa/sio.c,v
> Working file: sio.c
> head: 1.321

*blush* should have checked that.

> Before this change, DTR and RTS were also coupled in TIOCSDTR and
> TIOCDTR.  That was clearly wrong, at least if RTS is not being used
> for flow control, since it breaks using the modem status lines
> independently for special (non-modem) applications.

I was hoping for a teeny bit of extra safety for this kind of use,
two radios with push-to-talks from DTR and RTS, voice-tunnel of sort.
But nothing prevents using separate serports and/or taking care
about always gracefully unkeying before exiting. Anyway there are
external monostables.

Thanks,
Juha