Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 21:00:03 -0800
From:      davey@allunix.com
To:        jeffrl@wantabe.com
Cc:        freeBsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ifconfig and apache

Jeff,

Try

ifconfig ed1 10.0.0.11 netmask 0xffffffff

I am not an expert but it works great everytime on my box.

Why do you want to assign ip's to each virtual host. Apache will
handle it, you can even set apache up so that the only thing you
have to do to add a virtual host to your box is to add the dns entrys.