Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 23:28:59 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Josh Howard <obiwan@zeppelin.net>
To:        David Nugent <davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.0-19970209-SNAP to -current

On 24-Apr-97 David Nugent wrote:
>> he was also using IDE, so, I would hate think this was some massive bug in
>>the IDE code.
>
>Actually, this is my suspect as well. I don't even think NFS can
>be blamed here. It is set up as an NFS server, but it is rarely
>used. I can't imagine that a couple of inactive daemons might
>be triggering it (although stranger things have happened :-)).

Yeh, I'm not running NFS on this box so we can pretty much rule that
out. As far as small daemons, I tend to agree with it being very far fetched
Unfortunate so few of us running -current seem to be using IDE...(I'll await the
first ``switch to scsi'' call from the list :-)

>Ok, it looks like only a coredump will tell, and right now that's
>a matter of waiting it out. :)

The way it looks, waiting might end up being forever. I've been experiencing
these since the lite2 merge without a single dump. (well, without a dump that
has to do with these random reboots at least) *sigh* this is not good.

---
Josh Howard (obiwan@zeppelin.net)
Sex without love is an empty experience, but, as empty experiences go,
it's one of the best.
                -- Woody Allen