Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 16:53:47 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= (aka Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage) <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        committers@freebsd.org, peter@freebsd.org, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: CVSROOT log_accum.pl

In message <199511131630.IAA04150@corbin.Root.COM> David Greenman
    writes:

>>>   If we decide to change setlogin() so that it only works for session
>>>leaders, then I'd prefer that we leave out the printf(). If you want to add
>>>that to your own sources, fine, but I prefer to keep console noise minimized
>>>to important failures.
>>
>>Of course. Printf introduced by Peter, I mean "return (EPERM);" here
>>not a printf. I refer on my original fix and not to quoted variant
>>from Peter. Setlogin must affect only _current_ session as clearly
>>said in manpage (and from common sense), so no doubts here.

>   The current behavior is not inconsistent with the manual page. It says
>nothing about a requirement that the session *leader* must be the caller,
>only that it affects the current session.

Yes, but if it isn't leader, it affects *all* sessions, not current one
only, it is main bug.
As manpage additionly says, it happens "only when new session is
being created", it assumes session leader too.

I think we need to ask someone from BSD group, what they
keep in mind exactly on this thing. Can you contact such person, please?

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -