Date:      Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:35:06 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Mikko_R=F6nkk=F6nen?= <core@vapina.org>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hw.acpi.battery.life alway at 100

Nate Lawson wrote:

> Guy Brand wrote:
>
>>   I rebuild last night from
>>       FreeBSD 5.4-PRERELEASE #3: Thu Mar 17 09:54:55 CET 2005

>>       FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #4: Sun Apr 17 01:23:49 CEST 2005
>>
>>   and since hw.acpi.battery.life doesn't change its value:

<clip>

>>   # sysctl hw.acpi.battery
>>   hw.acpi.battery.life: 100
>>   hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
>>   hw.acpi.battery.state: 2
>>   hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
>>   hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5
>>
>>   While is was working with 5.4-PRERELEASE.
>>   gb
>

> You'll have to do more investigating.  There were no MFCs that I can
> see to acpi between those two dates.  First, compare the output of
> dmesg between the working and non-working kernels and see if anything
> has changed.

I have similar problem with HP NX9005.
2-3 weeks ago rebuilt 5.4-STABLE and battery status went dead.
Have been waiting since if it was already known problem.
Yesterday built -CURRENT and same problem.

# sysctl hw.acpi.battery
  hw.acpi.battery.life:  -1
  hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
  hw.acpi.battery.state: 7
  hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
  hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5

I'll provide more information if needed.

-mr