Date:      Fri, 16 Sep 2005 21:44:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of ufsj and gjournal

--0-1881880773-1126899896=:44276

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:

> Soeren Straarup wrote:
>> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Eric Anderson wrote:
>>=20
>>> Soeren Straarup wrote:
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> What is geomgui aimed at doing?  I've been wanting to write a geom view=
er=20
>>> that displays (in near real-time) reads/writes to geom providers at a=
=20
>>> block level visually.  Is geomgui going to do something like that?  Fro=
m=20
>>> the src I downloaded and ran from your site, it looked as though you=20
>>> wanted to show a layout of the geom connections.
>>>=20
>>> Eric
>>=20
>>=20
>> Your right so far about geomgui. It is to show the way the different
>> things are hooked up.
>> But i have plans to make it an interface to the geom layer somehow. But
>> i'm hooked up on other stuff at the moment.
>

> Ok, cool.  Are your plans to interface to geom going to possibly help me =
with=20
> my quest for a visual display of real-time read/writes to geom devices?  =
 If=20
> so, then we should work together..

I'll gladly add stuff (patches (;) and make a new release, but i don't
have any time atm to develop on it, sorry.

S=F8ren

Soeren Straarup   | aka OZ2DAK aka Xride
FreeBSD wannabe   | FreeBSD since 2.2.6-R
    'We wanted to believe. But the tools
     had been taken away..' Mulder
--0-1881880773-1126899896=:44276--