Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2023 05:57:01 +0200
From:      Tomek CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 13.2-RELEASE Now Available

On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 5:43=E2=80=AFAM Polytropon wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 03:47:31 +0200, Tomek CEDRO wrote:
> > I can see that some files are gone in 13.2:
> > /etc/disktab - I still use floppies!! :-P
>
> And the vpo(4) driver for parallel SCSI drives is also gone;
> how am I supposed to read my important business files stored
> on a parallel Zip drive now?! ;-)

EXACTLY!! :-) :-) :-)

Well I still use floppies to work with 16 bit machines.. and I think I
will build a controller one day to read/write even Amiga floppies on a
PC over USB those MCU and RTOS are quite nice to play nowadays :-)

> > /etc/rc.d/wpa_supplicant - is it moved to the port version? If so why
> > that config file is not moved to /usr/local/etc ? There may be some
> > configurations over there.
>
> Technically, 3rd part software should store their config
> in /usr/local/etc, but some (!) software still checks if
> files are present in /etc - probably a Linuxism - and
> reads them if they exist.

I am just reporting back my experiences with freebsd-update upgrade -r
13.2-RELEASE :-)

Aside from some trivial in hand patches of already modified system
files, it told me some files that are present on 13.1 are not present
anymore on 13.2 so they are about to be deleted and I cannot proceed
with the upgrade on no answer.. this was the only thing I noticed that
worried me a bit :-) :-)

--=20