Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-bugs
Subject:   Re: bin/4323: Initial routing tables incomplete

The following reply was made to PR bin/4323; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To: missmanp@milo.cfw.com
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 18:59:53 +0200

 As missmanp@milo.cfw.com wrote:

 > After boot-up, netstat -r shows nothing, not even localhost entries.
 > Netstat -i shows only the ethernet interface (ed0).  No entries

 There is something very weird with your setup.

 > shown for loopback, tun0, etc.  (I have only one ethernet
 > interface and one modem interface on this machine.)

 tun0 is meaningless without an attached process.  Don't try to
 configure anything for this interface at the shell level, but rather
 put this configuration into the ppp scripts where they belong.

 --
 cheers, J"org