Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:34:10 -0500
From:      Hug Me <hugme@hugme.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Router based on FreeBSD.

I was having pretty much the same problem with my router... turned out the
main problem was the pci controler in the motherboard couldn't handle the
bandwidth. it was running on a 486-120 and I moved it up to a K6-2-400 but
the big difference was the motherboard.

also I have had problems when plugging 10/100 full duplex cards into
anything that is only 10. my transfer rates drop to less than if I was
using a modem when I put any pressure on the card.

that is just what I discovered on my own netoerk.