Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 04:30:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mpress.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   SKIP and -current

I came accross skip (secure ip something or other) which looks
pretty interesting, but is ported for 2.1.5 and 2.1.0.

I hacked it into compiling under 2.2, with most of the effort
going to skip_wrapper.c (the lkm stuff).

Regretably, I don't know much about lkm, and while everything compiles
and installs, when it tries to modload the module it reports
something like

/usr/bin/ld: unable to resolve _skip,

or some such thing about not being able to find a reference to _skip.
The module is called skipmod, with most of the references being
skipmod_this or skipmod_that.

Now there are two things I am wondering at this point:

   1. Can anyone give me a pointer towards resolving this
      reference problem. I could make available the 2.1.5
      and my 2.2 skip_wrapper.c and perhaps someone could
      point out my mistake.

   2. Is there possibly some underlying differences between
      2.1.5 and 2.2 which means this is really more work
      than it looks like?

Thanks in advance.
--
brian@mpress.com