Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2008 10:30:34 +0100
From:      Marcus von Appen <mva@sysfault.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: devel/linux-sdl12 - Downgrade to 1.2.9?

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU

On, Sat Mar 08, 2008, Martin Tournoij wrote:

> I just came across a problem with sdl version 1.2.10 and newer, the
> function 'X11_KeyToUnicode' was removed in this version, unfortunately
> there are still applications which use this function, most notably
> all the games based on the torque game engine (http://garagegames.com).
>=20
> Since both torque and the sdl port are binary, it may be a good idea
> to downgrade to 1.2.9, 1.2.10 offers some minor improvements/bugfixes
> but nothing critical IMO. (http://libsdl.org/release/changes.html)

If you can assure that no other game or application from the ports
fails, I would say go for it, but the 1.2.10 version had some major
changes, so it's possible that another port uses a 1.2.10 specific
feature.

Usually the most binary ports ship the SDL library they link against,
don't those you tested out do that?

Regards
Marcus

--EeQfGwPcQSOJBaQU