Date:      Sun, 24 Feb 2002 10:10:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      Olivier DAVY <olivier.davy@free.fr>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP : Installation Free + Win + linux

Olivier DAVY
Engineer in CS
France

Hi !
I am new in the world of FreeBSD, and I'd like to now how to install
FreeBSD on my slave drive, considering that on my master HD I have :
- Win XP ;p
- Linux (mandrake 8.0)
- lilo to boot on the MBR

Should I install FreeBSD 4.5 on my slave drive, then not touch on my MBR and finally configure lilo to make it boot FreeBSD form te slave drive ?
Or must I install the FreeBSD on my MBR ? But then will it recognize my lilo and windosd partitions (oups, slices) ?
What kind of boot manager should I install (BootMgr, standard, none) ?

Secondly, is the msdos format in fstab compatible with vfat and vfat32 ?

I am looking forward to your answer, since I am not very confident with such installation.

Thanks,

olive