Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:56:46 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        Koroush Saraf <koroush.saraf@lmco.com>
Cc:        rizzo@icir.org, ru@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Consistency of cached routes

> I saw your thread on Consistency of cached routes, and I'm having the same pr
> oblem with my setup of bsd machines.  When a new route is discovered, the out
> dated cached route is still in the table and it doesn't expire fast enough.

If your problem is a cached route used for forwarding, you
ought to run something more recent than 19-Mar-2002 (which is
when Ruslan put in the fix in sys/netinet/in_rmx.c).  If you
_are_ running something more recent, you have a different
problem or there is a bug in the fix.  More details would
be helpful.  If you can describe the problem as precisely as
possible, may be someone can figure out the solution.  Can
you construct a test scenario?

> Have you guys come up with a solution on how to turn off route coloning.  I f
> eel that my 1Ghz machines are fast enough to do a route lookup for every pack
> et.

You can't turn off route cloning in the current scheme.