Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:04:41 +0200
From:      Barry Irwin <bvi@itouchlabs.com>
To:        tang hongbin <hongbintang@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connection win2000 to racoon on freebsd4.3

I have had win2k working fine.

The trick is you need to use MMC and the ipsec snapin to map your own IPsec
policies, specifically remove the standard Kerberos authentication and
either use shared passwords, or certificates, both of which work with
Racoon.  The phase 2 failure is indicitive that either your shared secrets
do not match ( have you checked the psk.txt file for racoon - modes are
especially NB in this mode - but also that you have the right secret for the
IP address)

Barry

--
Barry Irwin		bvi@itouchlabs.com			+27214875150
Systems Administrator: Networks And Security