Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 16:17:56 +0400
From:      Alex Kapranoff <alex@kapran.bitmcnit.bryansk.su>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH in 4.0 doesn't seem to work out of the box

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 12:25:53AM -0600, Brett Glass wrote:

> I need to come in from some Windows workstations, and have tried Igaly
> SSH and Tera Term with the SSH module. (The latter has MUCH better terminal
> emulation than the former.) Neither can get through; I get lots of console
> error messages but no successful login. Making Blowfish the preferred
> cipher doesn't seem to help.
>
> --Brett

There's a wonderful telnet/ssh client for Win32 at
ftp://dbserv.stu.lipetsk.su/pub/telneat/

It's a Win32 console app, has convinient Alt-F? vtys, Scroll Lock
history and mouse as well as keyboard driven Select&Paste.

It is unique due to the fact that it interprets termcap files to
emulate terminals properly. If server and client termcap are the same,
then (as you can imagine) emulation is exactly perfect no matter what
terminal type you selected.

I use it all the time to reach FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE and OpenBSD 2.6
boxen via ssh v1 (3des).

Config file comments are in russian, unfortunately. Author's email is:
telneat@stu.lipetsk.su (that's not me).

--
Alex Kapranoff,
2:50/383.20@fidonet,