Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 05:29:44 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> several people requested a copy of mosaic-2.5 for -current:
>
> freefall.cdrom.com:/incoming/mosaic-2.5.tgz
>
> this is stock mosaic 2.5 statically linked to motif 1.2, compiled
> on 2.0-950322-SNAP.

I don't normally intrude into other people's legal affairs, but you're
in violation of the Motif 1.2 source license, unless you're collecting
Motif run-time royalties and sending them to OSF.

NCSA Mosaic binaries are statically linked with Motif 1.1, because the
1.1 source license is less restrictive than the 1.2 source license.

I don't know what the realities are, whether the OSF would really sue
you if they found out, you'll have to decide for yourself whether or
not you're worried about it. :-)

--

Kaleb