Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 16:10:13 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        johnt <johnt@appliedinterconnect.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ELF question

On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 03:27:23PM -0700, johnt wrote:

> I am trying to fix this system that got kinda dumped on me...
> apparently the elf interpreter is missing.
>
> ELF interpreter /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found
>
> how on earth do I fix this?
> it doesn't want to allow me to do near anything.

copy ld-elf.so.1 from a machine that has the same sources/world :-)

my ld-elf.so.1 is approx 75 Kb, and mounting a floppy with the binary on
it should not be hard.

the trick is that you have to find a way to restore ld-elf.so.1 by using
only statically compiled binaries, i.e. those in /bin and /sbin.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >