Date:      Wed, 4 Mar 1998 21:11:20 +0100 (MET)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jlemon@americantv.com (Jonathan Lemon)
Cc:        perlsta@cs.sunyit.edu, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Urgent please read...

moved to -chat

As Jonathan Lemon wrote...
> On Mar 03, 1998 at 07:48:38PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > > Well for 19cents a day, you can help one of our starving coders, imagine
> > > that, just 19cents a day, barely the price of a hot cappichino with almond
> > > flavoring, and that little sprinkle of cinnamon... (we all like cinnamon
> > > right?)
> >
> >   Argh. All those things Americans throw in their coffee... We tend to think
> >   most additions should 've been listed in the Geneva Convention on Chemical
> >   Warfare.
>
> Hey, not all Americans.  I like my coffee black.  B L A C K.  No sugar,
> no cream, no cinnamon, and definitely no flavored coffee.

Right! I like some sugar with it, but OK.

> Speaking of which, when I was Amsterdam a few years ago, I ordered coffee
> with dinner in one of the restaurants.  The waiter looked at me like I
> was an alien - "You mean _after_ dinner."  "No, I mean _with_ dinner."
> They brought me this little cup of espresso to go with my steak (which was
> perfectly fine with me, BTW), but still looked at me as if I was a weirdo.

Impressive. Plenty of weirdo's in Amsterdam.

> Heh.  I guess I just perpetuated the "weird American" stereotype.

Ach. I've been order in both our Colorado Springs and Shrewsbury (MA)
facility to *not brew any new coffee, keep your hands from the coffee
pot*. It seems I use the wrong quantity of water. People could not sleep
at night 8-)

> Jonathan   (who still insists on getting Peet's coffee via mailorder)

Whenever you're in Holland you're welcome to come over to have some coffee
in Arnhem ;-)

---------------  Support your local daemons: run [Free,Net,Open]BSD Unix  --