Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 20:16:08 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>, "'skywizard@time.net.my'" <skywizard@time.net.my>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel Hacking (i tried not to make it lame)

Doug Barton wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Koster, K.J. wrote:
>
> > Dear Ariff,
> >

> > > I remembered porting back cd9660 to 2.2.x tree, and now look
> > > forward porting softupdates (If anybody can give me some light
> > > I really appreciate that). I'm reviewing sources from current,
> > > stable and from other BSD project such OpenBSD to pick all
> > > the good stuffs.
> > > I'm a happy 2.2.x user.
> > >
> > I think Yahoo! is using still on 2.2.8.
>
> 	Don't let your imagination run away with you. :)

Well, it is no secret that we run older OS's, but they are *far* from stock
boxes.  Also, different locations sometimes use different setups.  Anyway,
we rarely run the standard network services on them.  And yes, we do have
some 2.1.5 boxes kicking around still.  I believe the number of 4.x boxes
has finally passed the number of 2.2.x boxes, about a week or two ago.

Cheers,
-Peter