Date:      Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:24:51 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading from 3.4-S to 4.0-S no longer works

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 01:21:58PM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:

> I don't see a reason why we gratuitously break source updating.
> If there are definite grounds for breaking source updating, then so be
> it.  Otherwise we should maintain it...

Having some machines still with 3.4-S for a couple of reasons, I'd have
to agree for purely selfish reasons, if not anything else.

My humble opinion is though, that until RELENG_3 is no longer supported
(and I mean not supported, at *all*, period), the support for a source
upgrade should be there.

Then again, this is only my opinion, and I'd hate to force it to you
people that maintain the OS.

--
Giorgos Keramidas, < keramida @ ceid . upatras . gr >
For my public key: finger keramida@ceid.upatras.gr