Date:      Thu, 4 Jul 2002 20:20:43 +0800
From:      "dnu" <dnu@info.com.ph>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Limiting users

Hello,

A number of my users run a bouncer.  But when they make changes
to the config file, they start up another instance of the bouncer
w/o killing the old one that's already running in the background.

Is there a way to limit them to only one background process?
Unfortunately, this may also prevent other programs - like man -
from functioning properly.

I guess my question now is how do I keep users from running
multiple instances of the same program?  Without having to do the
killing myself, of course. :)

David