Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 10:31:21 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: xl driver for 3Com

Hi,

I think you're absolutely right but consider normal users like me.
I try to provider as many information as I can, but for developpers
this isn't enough. Instead of saying: "Provide information!". You
should ask detailed questions.

> As for Dennis, he's just not worth responding to.  He has a bad
> reputation as a total waste of space with an attitude problem as
> big as Texas.  Just ignore him.

Well this, I think, is the wrong way. You expect people to know as
much as you. I think you can rewrite code on the fly, but
many people can't and they need help from hackers like you.
There are so many FreeBSD-Hackers who are whining that Linux has so
many users and FreeBSD hasn't. If people don't get support because
people like you are ignoring them, they won't switch to FreeBSD even
if it is much better.

Alex