Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:59:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Aloha Guy <alohaguy123@yahoo.com>
To:        Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD box as router adding latency

Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com> wrote: On Feb 26, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Aloha Guy wrote:
> Here is the HZ setting:
>
> kern.clockrate: { hz = 100, tick = 10000, profhz = 1024, stathz = 128 }

There's your issue right there: if you care about the millisecond level
granularity of network traffic going by this router, you ought to set
HZ to 1000 as documented in "man dummynet".

--
-Chuck

Knew I forgot to read something.  I guess I forgot all about dummynet is the one doing the traffic shaping as I never used traffic shaping on the other boxes when they were used as both Ethernet and T1 routers.  I've always had NMBCLUSERS set to 32768 which I assume is fine.  Also, is there a way to use two NICs like a xl0 and a fxp0 and bond them together with just one IP?

John