Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 09:32:51 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net (Steve Price)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't get to freefall.FreeBSD.org

> I know this is not freefall's fault nor does it have anything to
> do with FreeBSD except this blooming router is the reason why I
> can't get to freefall.  I was just wondering if anybody knew of
> anybody that has anything to do with it.  Of course, this message
> will take forever to get posted since this same router has to be
> used and it can't figure out how to route packets to anything
> other than itself right now. :(
>
> Name:    sl-fw-8-S2/7-T1.sprintlink.net
> Address:  144.228.38.65

Sprintlink is basically your problem.  Sprintlink appears to have their
collective thumbs up you know where, and can't figure out how to
reliably keep their routers working.   I have the misfortune to be linked
with them to freefall, and have variously seen the following routes
over the last few months:

  chicago1 -> chicago2 -> chicago1 -> chicago2  	(chicago loop?)
  chicago -> philadelphia -> chicago -> philadelphia
  chicago -> philadelphia -> chicago -> st louis -> dc

I assume that Sprintlink knows about this, as I've bugged my ISP to
bother them, but it doesn't seem to do much good.
--
Jonathan