Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:12:44 -0700
From:      "Chuck TheMascot" <freebsdfan@hotmail.com>
To:        small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting from Flash

Sounds quite a bit like the I-Opener I played with last year.  The Kawasaki
USB chip in my Netgear USB adapter was supported by 4.2 and worked, sort of.
  The performance was all over the place and I occasionally got timeout
errors from the device driver, nothing but a reboot recovered the timeout
errors.  Perhaps 4.4 is better.

One of the Linux guys had a Linux distro called Jailbait that included X and
ran from the I-Opener's 16mb flash.  I had a hard disk attached to mine so I
never bothered trying to put FreeBSD into the flash.

I'll bet you can get X running under Pico, remember Pico is just a stripped
down version of FreeBSD.

The PicoBSD web pages are badly out of date, basically ignore them. I've
found http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~brucem/pico_notes.htm to be the best info on
PicoBSD.

I'm just installing 4.4 now, perhaps some of docs have been updated. The
docs that came with 4.3 were also out of date.