Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:29:44 +0100
From:      Jozef Babjak <babjak@neuron.tuke.sk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   correct way to cvsup ports for -stable

Hi!

A similar topic has been disscused here several days ago, but I still don't
understand, how correctly update ports tree via cvsup. I have installed
4.9-release. I upgraded to -stable according to
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile (I have changed only '*default
host=...' line, all rest I kept untouched) and I done make world and kernel...
I understand well how to upgrade system, but my questions about ports are:

1) Is it ok to upgrade ports, or do I have keep ports instaled from -release CD?

2) If I should upgrade ports, how exactly? Which file from examples I should use
and how I need to modify it? There is nothing about ports upgrade in
stable-supfile and ports-supfile deals about -current. Is it enough to use
cvs-supfile from examples directory, change a cvsup server and comment out
'doc-all' and 'cvsroot-all', isn't it?

Sorry for (maybe) stupid questions; I read comments in stable-supfile and
handbook, but this is still not clear for me.

Jozef