Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2007 15:37:40 -0600
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: python 2.4.4, 1 vs 2.4.3, 1 - zope trouble - python version downgrade

--nextPart39176992.qEF2bXtrTy

On Thursday 01 March 2007 08:54, Le Cocq Michel wrote:

>   File "/usr/local/www/Zope29/lib/python/zope/app/component/adapter.py",
> line 28, in ?
>     class LocalSurrogate(zope.interface.adapter.Surrogate):
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Surrogate'
> rapace#

See if you have the "py24-zopeInterface" package installed.  It puts files=
=20
with the same name as Zope modules in /usr/local/lib/python, and the real=20
Zope imports those instead of its own modules.  I removed that package and =
my=20
Zope instances immediately started working again.

BTW, if anyone can tell me a good reason why the Zope port does "chmod 444"=
 to=20
all installed files, including the ones that *have* to be writable in "log"=
=20
and "var", I'd appreciate it.  I've been too lazy to file a bug so far, but=
=20
every time I upgrade Zope I have to remember to reset those permissions.
=2D-=20
Kirk Strauser