Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:14:11 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        David Raistrick <keen@damoe.wireless-isp.net>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Most stable stable?  (or..why use -R?) And...keeping ports uptodate?

At 08:53 PM 8/29/2000 -0400, David Raistrick wrote:

>So, Which stable is the the most stable?  I realyl dont wish to /remain/
>stable (except for ports, perhaps..) as I dont have the time or drivespace
>to deal with remaking worlds.  So which day's release has the least
>bugs?:)

In theory today's snapshot is more stable that yesterday's snapshot. In
reality, the practice tends to be fairly close to the theory.  I am not
trying to be a smart ass, but the aim of STABLE is to be stable.  To
determine whats best for your situation, you should track the STABLE
mailing list as well as the CVS commit logs and watch for the odd human
error that happens and what is being committed.

         ---Mike