Date:      Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:47:06 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Erik_Paulsen_Sk=E5lerud?= <erik@pentadon.com>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems with reaching a ftpd behind two DMZ clouds

Hello. I have the following setup:

FreeBSD(fxp0) --[LAN1]-- (fxp0) Windows XP with ICS enabled (wi0) ~~[LAN2]~~
(wi0) Wireless FreeBSD laptop

LAN1 uses the 10.0.0.0/24 subnet
LAN2 uses the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet

If I try to reach the ftpd running on the FreeBSD on LAN1 from my wireless
laptop on LAN2, I get the following error:
Connected to 10.0.0.1.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

If I try to reach the ftpd from my Windows XP computer, the ftp-session
works just fine.

I can imagine that this has something to do with the freebsd-laptop coming
from a private netblock, but hosts.allow is set to ALL : ALL, so I really
don't know where to fix this.

Erik.