Date:      Mon, 05 May 2008 05:05:50 -0400
From:      "David M. Patronis" <thenudnik@gmail.com>
To:        Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mystery Hardware Error

Pollywog wrote:
> On Monday 05 May 2008 03:11:52 Al Plant wrote:
>

>> Aloha list,
>>
>> I am getting the same error on FreeBSD 7 RELEASE and 8. Current as David
>> is. CD's work fine.
>> Anybody know what this is?
>>

> I have been getting the errors too, whenever I reboot the machine, I find them
> in the logs.  I don't burn CD's on the machine so I don't know if I could.  I
> normally do that on another machine that runs Linux.
> _
If you have an ATAPI burner you can easily burn CDs from the command
line using mkisofs to generate a disc image and then the "burncd"
utility that comes with even a basic install of FreeBSD. See below for
the most simple example:

mkisofs -o nameofimage.iso pathtofile
burncd -f /dev/acd0 data pathtofile nameoffile.iso fixate

Of course, that still doesn't answer our question.

David