Date:      03 Oct 2002 13:43:29 -0700
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/43502: Manual page ZNEW(1) has a bug

Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> writes:

> I'll work on fixing this in the next few hours, however, znew is
> contrib software from gzip.  While I would say to fix on the vender
> brance, gzip hasn't been touched in several years (shortest time is
> listed in cvs as 22 months for one file, all others are like 3 years
> and 8 years) so I don't think it makes much a difference to change
> this in our local repo.

That sounds like an argument for fixing it locally, since vendor source
changes don't need to be tracked frequently and there's a low probabilty
of the vender source being changed to suit the FreeBSD PR.

But it's sufficiently unimportant that it probably makes sense to just
convert the PR to another "wish list" PR, which in my opinion should
never be closed unless the PR becomes inapplicable.  Or until
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/problem-reports/pr-when.html
is changed.