Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 19:03:10 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andreas Mutschlechner <amutsch@abaid.com>
To:        Ahsan Ali <ahsan@khi.comsats.net.pk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: antivirus, webmail and virtual domain hosting on a mail server

Hello,

I use qmail+vpopmail+sqwebmail+qmail-scanner+qmailadmin+daemontools and it
works perfectly. All of this fine programs you can install from CD or make
it from /usr/ports . Commercial support and a lot of documentation
is available on http://www.inter7.com, the guys who wrote some of the
software.
Oter sites are:
http://qmail-scanner.sourceforge.net/
http://www.qmail.org/
http://pobox.com/~djb/daemontools.html
http://www.enderunix.org/isoqlog generates HTML Statistics
All questions you made a solved by this software, you can even
configure a default domain, so not all accounts need the domainpart.
Not to mention that quota on mailboxes is supported, a mailinglistmanager
will be installed too and you can configure everything over web.

mbox stores all emails in one file
maildir is a directory where every email is a single file.

Greetings Andreas