Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:43:12 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Adam <mjryan@netins.net>
Cc:        Technical Information <tech_info@threespace.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD boot

On Sun, Feb 06, 2000 at 10:26:19PM -0600, Adam wrote:

> I have installed the boot manager but its on the second HD :)
>
> I have looked at the boot.ini in NT,
>
> I am not sure what I would put for the entry though, from the docs I have
> read the entry will look like this
> multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(x)partition(y)\<dirname>
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This stuff only works with NT.

See http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/admin.html#AEN1648 for details of
exactly how to add FreeBSD (on the first *or* second disk) to NT's
boot mangler.

> But I am not sure what to put for it to boot the FreeBSD partition?
>
> If worse comes to worse I would like to install everything over, right now I
> have a 27 GB HD,
>
> C: 4GB
> D: 16 GB
>

> If I was to install NT over , what would I make the base partition in order
> to install FreeBSD Boot manager? Its something like 528 MB or the first 1024
> cylinders on the HD right?
>

> Thanks for all the help

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000