Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 19:42:33 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
Cc:        Thomas Dean <tomdean@ix.netcom.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why I don't get any response ( was Re: /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/nfs/nqnfs.h:93: field `udp_haddr' has incomplete type )

Andreas Klemm scribbled this message on Jun 23:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 01:30:25PM -0700, Thomas Dean wrote:
> > I don't have that problem.
> >
> > Looks like you may have a corrupted file or need to depend in that
> > part of the tree.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> Did a make includes to make sure everything is ok...

could people stop passing this advice around?  it will actually cause
MORE problems than it solved...  say I was building -current on my
2.2.6-stable machine... if I did a make includes before the buildworld,
suddenly none of the bootstrap utils would work on my system because
I don't happen to have ___error in /usr/lib/libc.a...  but the headers
I installed said I do...

SO DON'T DO make includes TO FIX PROBLEMS!!

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 683 7109
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD
	    Don't trust anyone you don't have the source for