Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:52:57 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Moving an instalation from one machine to another.

	Ok, I'm curious of something.  I know how to do this the long and
troublesome way, but is there a simple way to take an existing install of
FreeBSD and move it from one machine to another of dissimilar hardware
configurations?  Ok, say I've got 2 machines that I'm working
between.  Machine A just died.  But the HD is fine.  Machine B is brand
new, but the hardware is entirely different.  AKA, Machine A is a K6-2/500
on an Asus board, Machine B is a P3-1ghz on an Intel board.  A has 1 gig of
ram, B has 2 gigs.  Etc.

	Now, what's going to be the easiest way to just move it between machines
and kind of plug and play it right into the second machine without either
installing freebsd from scratch on machine b and then trying to copy over
all needed files and config everything again, or manually updating all of
the settings by hand on the existing install?

	This would greatly make my day much easier.  Thanks.