Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 16:11:02 +0200
From:      "Manuel Kasper" <mk@neon1.net>
To:        <freebsd-small@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Guide to reducing FreeBSD (a.k.a miniBSD :)

Hey Jerry,

> Very cool stuff!

Thanks! I'll try your chroot method as soon as I get the time (so I will
know what I'm talking about before I add it as an optional step to the
guide ;). I did not yet bother to do anything like that because so far I
have done all the hacking on my "miniBSD" on a separate hard disk.

You mean I just
make release PREFIX=3D/usr/local/release
in my /usr/src and get a full installation in there? What do you think,
would it also be possible to use the FreeBSD installation CD-ROM to do
an installation in that subdirectory (by setting "Install Root" in
sysinstall)? That would save the time of make world'ing...

Greets,

Manuel

--=20

Sorry for sending this to the list and not directly to Jerry -
Jerry, I think your mail server does not like me:

  gehicks@gehicks.dyndns.org
    SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<mk@neon1.net>:
    host gehicks.dyndns.org [66.20.181.84]: 550 5.0.0 Access denied